Part-Time Airport Safety Specialist
The Springfield Airport Authority is accepting applications for a Part-Time Airport Safety Specialist. This position is responsible for providing aircraft rescue and firefighting, emergency medical and airport operations services for the Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport. Within 6 months of hire, requires completion of a 40-hour Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Course, 54-hour Emergency Medical Responder Course, Basic Airport Safety and Operations Specialist School, airfield drivers training, wildlife hazard management training and use of pyrotechnics. Requires familiarity with FAR Part 139 and TSA Part 1500 Rules and Regulations. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as possess strong written and oral communication skills. A college degree in aviation or fire science is preferred; or in lieu of a degree, a minimum of a high school diploma with two years’ experience in airport operations, firefighting or military training.
Resumes, references and applications accepted until 4:30 pm on January 31, 2024, to the Deputy Executive Director, Springfield Airport Authority, 1200 Capital Airport Drive, Springfield, Illinois 62707 or email to email@example.com. Printable applications available at www.flyspi.com under Doing Business/Employment tab.
Do you love watching airplanes take off and land? Have you considered a career in the aviation industry? The Springfield Airport Authority is accepting applications for a full-time and a part-time Passenger Services Agent. These positions perform both customer service and airplane ground handling duties.
Proficiency in math, strong written and oral communication skills, and the availability to work all shifts, including weekends, is required. Must possess a valid drivers license and pass security related background checks, drug test, and physical.
Completed applications should be submitted to: Springfield Airport Authority, ATTN: Deputy Executive Director, 1200 Capital Airport Drive, Springfield, IL 62707 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Statement of Duties:
Under the supervision of the Lead Agent, Passenger Services Supervisor, and/or the Passenger Services Manager, the position performs a variety of airport and airline passenger services and ground handling duties.
Examples of Duties:
- Perform reservations, ticketing, gate processing, boarding pass agent, baggage service, and baggage delivery duties
- Provide customers with information regarding flight activity, operational issues, and policy
- Display a professional and courteous attitude with internal as well as external customers – courtesy to passengers is extremely important and cannot be over emphasized
- Perform Passenger Service Center duties as assigned
- Perform ramp duties, including, but not limited to, loading and unloading of aircraft, cleaning aircraft, servicing lavatories, and deicing aircraft
- Operate motorized vehicles and other equipment with competency and safety
- Perform Ground Security Coordinator duties if required
- Comply with regulated hazardous materials and security programs
- Process Airport Authority and airline funds according to procedures
- Complete daily and weekly reports as required
- Comply with Airport Authority Policies and SOP’s
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Display proficiency in math and spelling
- Adaptable to changing situations
- Able to work on his/her own
- Available to work all shifts and weekends
- Have valid drivers license
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Successfully complete the applicable airline safety, security, and hazardous materials training program
- Pass all security related background checks, drug test, and physical